TWi reopens small group programming, implements virtual programming.
Canton, Ohio – TWi continues to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and work diligently to protect our participants and staff. As our state begins to reopen, we will continue working closely with SCBDD, DODD, the Stark County Health Department, ODH, and the CDC to determine and follow best practices.
At this time, small group programming at The Causeway and Just Imagine has resumed with new safety precautions in place. These precautions include:
- Mandatory wearing of masks for all participants and staff
- Sanitization and documentation of all surfaces after each use. Including, but not limited to: work areas, restrooms, vehicles, etc.
- Mandatory temperature checks for all participants and staff
- Group occupancy not to exceed 10 including staff
- Participants are invited to engage in frequent, scheduled hand cleansing opportunities
- Seating has been limited, and placed 6 feet apart. Seating may not be moved.
Additional programming, including programming at our West and South locations, will resume when it is deemed safe to do so. Our team continues to work closely with all participants and SSAs to assure there are no unmet needs in the home during this time.
While we await the reopening of additional programming, we are offering virtual day programming activities. Our virtual programming allows participants to remain in their own home, yet still engage with their peers while participating in a variety of activities. Activities include but are not limited to: exercise, group discussions, fine motor skill development, culinary arts, self-determination, book club, language exploration, virtual tours, and ever popular dance parties.
We appreciate your continued vigilance in keeping our participants and staff safe. While we may be separated by physical distancing, we remain connected through out commitment to challenge the status quo, foster unexpected growth, and establish a legacy of compassion- together.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact 330-479-3958.